Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Arrival in London



After about 24 hours of travel, we arrived in London (not without changing planes in Iceland of all places, now there is a cool stamp to have on my passport).

A couple observations about London thus far:
1st: The first accent I heard when I stepped off the plane was not a British accent, but instead an Indian accent. Welcome to London
2nd: On all of their trains a female voice goes "Mind the Gap" as opposed to "Watch your Step". It's all very British.
3rd: People weren't joking when they said that the weather here is pretty miserable. Today started out a little warm, and then got gray, foggy, and rained on us all afternoon. I'm going to have to get used to this weather
4th: Traveling halfway across the world does tire somebody out. We went on a double decker bus tour of London just so we could have something to do, and so we could see the city. It seemed like a good idea in theory. I kept nodding off, and it just so happened that at one point when I was asleep, the bus lurched and I whacked my head on the seat in front of me. This happened twice. Now I have a lovely bump on my forehead and I think I better get some sleep.

A couple more days in London and 5 days until I start at AC!

No comments:

Post a Comment