Sunday, August 15, 2010

August Period

Although our August Period (the ten days where it is only second years, my co-years) is halfway done, it feels as though everybody just got here. The canteen (our dining hall) is full of familiar faces and I like it. I feel as though my house is slowly but surely coming together. Powys is such a good place to be and we just got our new dorm mates and our new first years!
This year I will be rooming with:
Nicole (Malaysia- I roomed with her last year)
Eeva (Estonia)
Hangwei (China).
It seems as though it will be a dorm with a comfortable atmosphere. Having second year dormies won't be so bad after all!

On top of adjusting to life at AC again, we have been dedicating our time to service. Tomorrow MEMS (Marine Environmental Monitoring Service) leaves on a weeklong camping trip with ILB (the inshore life boat service). We will be getting our PADI Advanced Open Water and National Geographic scuba diving certifications. Needless to say, I am very excited. We tried out our dry-suits today and they were more trouble than I was expecting. Wish me luck this coming week!

My second year at AC is already flying by a little too quickly. New friendships are forming in fears and excitement of the incoming first years. But most importantly, I have a very good feeling about this.

Here is a photo from our Powys 2nd Year girls bonding session:

No comments:

Post a Comment