Thursday, August 5, 2010

Walton-on-Thames

Thoughts from my 5am walk into Llantwit Major on my way to Walton-on-Thames:

I feel lovely when that
first sliver of sunshine hits my face

the only one to see
my smile is the starling

and together we illuminate the sky




I am staying with my Aunt Chantal, her husband Matthew and her son Benjamin. All together, and incredibly fun and friendly family. I've even been mildly successful in forcing myself to work on things such as homework and college applications. Although nothing eventful is taking place, I am very much at peace with this family, England, and my work.
Best of all, I had a good meal! After eating the canteen food at the castle, any type of food is welcomed with a parade of enthusiasm. School starts up in.. 4 days now.
I think I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. You walked into Llantwit...you are a nut. Glad you're getting things done...enjoy the good food while you can... and start thinking about what you'll do for the October break.

    ReplyDelete