Thursday, October 28, 2010

Alghero, Italy

Four days in Alghero (Sardinia, Italy) hardly seems like enough.

We started with an overnight stay in the London Stansted Airport (not something I highly recommend..) and taking an early flight to Italy. Much to our delight, it was sunny and beautiful when we arrived. We got upgraded to a nice apartment with a balcony that viewed the seafront. I really cannot complain.
We made incredible meals, walked everywhere, ate more pizza than was probably necessary-but we had to pack it all into four days! I feel in love with new type of fruit and got my feet wet in the mediterranean. Little did we know, but Alghero has a period of time called a 'ciesta' where everything closes between 1pm-4pm. Once we figured this out, we had very relaxed days.
It was exactly what my sanity needed.
I am currently in Norway staying with my good friend Diana, but I'll save that for another post.

Here is for the pictures, which can say much more than my words:


The view from our Balcony















2 comments:

  1. Someones got a great camera, and an eye for photography...if its Diana, congratulate her for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pix. These could go on a Sardinia travel calendar !

    ReplyDelete