Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Netherlands

So maybe it's been a long while since I've updated the blog.. oops.
Anywho:
Current Location: Laura Brouwers house in the Netherlands
Current Weather: Beautiful and Snowy
Current Feelings: Absolutely loving it!
I arrived in the netherlands yesterday after one of the most uncomfortable flights I've been on in a long time. I'm staying here with my friend Laura, who is another girl from my house. She lives in this picturesque little Dutch village with a great house full of tiny staircases. It's snowing outside, and looks right out of a fairy tale book. We are hopefully heading into Amsterdam today to do a little sightseeing.

Yesterday we toured around Utrecht while I attempted to get over my jet lag. We stopped in this really cozy cafe and I had the most amazing dessert I've ever tasted. It was an apple, covered in some sort of dough/candy-ish substance with marzipan in the middle. Incredible. I'll be sure to put up some of the pictures I've taken.
Originally, Laura and I were supposed to head over the good ol' United Kingdom on Wednesday to stay with a dear friend, Jessie. But unfortunately, she has swine flu and the roads are expected to be bad, so her family told us not to come. That just mean I'll be in the netherlands until Saturday morning. This means maybe two days in amsterdam, a quick visit to my german brother, Nils and lots of Dutch culture. Keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment