Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This one is for you Grandpa Frank

As some of you are aware, my Grandpa passed away this December and this blog post is for him:

About Angels and About Trees

Where do angels
fly in the firmament
and how many can dance
on the head of a pin?

Well I don't care
about that pin dance
what I know is that
they rest, sometimes,
in the tops of trees

and you can see them,
or almost see them,
or, anyway, think: what a
wonderful idea.

I have lost as you and
others have possibly lost a
beloved one
and wonder, where are they now?

The trees, anyway, are
miraculous, full of
angels (ideas); even
empty they are a
good place to look, to put
the heart at rest- all those
leaves breathing the air, so

peaceful and diligent, and certainly
ready to be
the resting place of
strange, winged creatures
that we, in this world, have loved.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you fixed the typos. I love the poem. Enjoy the trees there. We'll think of you at the memorial service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem, thanks for taking the time to do this. It makes more sense to me now with the typo fixed....all those angles, it was so geometric !
    Love Ya !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, you need to attribute this poem. Who wrote it?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. did YOU write this? It's gorgeous. Reminds me of ee cummings so much...

    ReplyDelete