Sunday, January 10, 2010

Return to AC

After a short plane flight and a very long train ride, I finally arrived back at Atlantic College! Much to my extreme delight, the castle and the grounds are covered in a soft blanket of snow. What a sight.

Yesterday was filled with enthusiastic hugs as people arrived from all around the world. I even stayed up into 2am waiting for my Malaysian roomate, Nicole, to arrive. She brought a 20kg box of food, so I know this is going to be a good term!
Waking up this morning was a treat, I slept in and when I woke up it was lightly snowing outside.
International students+snow+free time= tons of snowball fights!


My friends and ventured down the seafront to discover that the outdoor pool was completely frozen over. Then we discovered some sleds, and had ourselves a real blast. Hot chocolate followed and thawed our frozen figners.



Needless to say, but I am VERY happy to be back! Even though classes do start tomorrow..

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos, esp. the sledding one and the one of the frozen pool. I would have thought that they would heat the pool enough to keep from freezing. A bit more cold weather and maybe you can skate on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...keep em coming...wish we could be there, but that would be totally contrary to the getting away from the 'rents part.

    ReplyDelete