Sunday, January 24, 2010

Seaside

Seaside
22.1.2010

I put pencil to paper
To try and share with you
The magic of the seaside
It’s far too simple
To simply say the sea sways me
Or that I want to fling my soul
Into a passing seagull
You won’t believe me
When I tell you
The joy it brings me
The comfort in the constant change
Of waves on a rocky shore

I put pencil to paper
To try and show you
How the gold on the
Cliffs reflects itself on
My glowing face
You and I
What fun we’d have
Here by the seaside
Tides sweep away worries
Warmth of smiling strangers
I need to be bold
Jump in the cold water

I put pencil to paper
To try and bring you
The secrets of the ocean top
The things I need to say
Share my truth
Alive with the leaving light
Perspectives of indescribable perfection
Water singing to me
My forecast is changing
Goodbye stormy Sundays
Good feelings, keep rolling in
See smiles coming my direction
I have no other
Friend like you

I put pencil to paper
To make you understand
I still don’t know my heart
It belongs somewhere between the
Water and the shore’s edge
No lover can give me this
Warmth, beating down
Thawing out stress and unwelcome feelings
The only place where reality meets
My expectations, seaside
Escape. When I can’t be found
Check by the water’s edge

I put pencil to paper
To say
The silhouettes on the horizon
Are as they should be.
Dreaming with big brown eyes
Cool kiss, bring me back to life
Birds fly by
Taking no notice of the girl
With the notebook
Trying to capture the wonder
Hidden within the waters
Patterns in the sky are picture perfect
Pools of light
Come back yesterday, always tomorrow

I put pencil to paper
To tell you
All that’s left is footprints
Raw in the sand

I put pencil to paper
To let you know
I’m here. I’m alive.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Poem. Sounds like lyrics to a song...who can you get to put it to music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "who can you get to put it to music?" ME! haha. You're fantastic, Val. This is beautiful. I never knew you were such a writer/poet!

    ReplyDelete